Flower XL made a conscious decision to grow its lisianthus flowers in a fair and sustainable way. In line with this policy, we have been awarded the following certificates:
Since 2014 FLOWER XL is Sedex certified . With Sedex we have control of the information
we need to do good business in an increasingly transparent world. Sedex enables us to manage our
performance around labour rights, health & safety, the environment and business ethics. Sedex is similair to MPS GAP. Our membership number is:
Environmental MPS-A certification is awarded by the More Profitable Sustainability Group and provides trade buyers and consumers with the assurane that the certificate holder meets the most stringent environmental requirements. Our MPS membership number is 801623. For a download of the certificate: certificaat van Flower XL.
MPS GAP (Global GAP Number = 4063061479358)
MPS GAP certification is awarded by the More Profitable Sustainability Group.
GLOBALG.A.P. is the internationally recognised standard for agricultural production. The goal of GLOBALG.A.P. is a safer and more sustainable agricultural production worldwide.
- Food safety and traceability
- Environment (including biodiversity)
- Employee health, safety and welfare
- Animal welfare
The GLOBALG.A.P. standard requires, among other things, increased efficiency in production. It improves business performance and reduces waste.
Our MPS membership number is 801623. For a download of the certificate: certificaat van Flower XL.
Good Agricultural Practice is not just about products; it’s also about people.
That’s why GRASP is developed, a GLOBALG.A.P.+ Add-on product.
GRASP stands for GLOBALG.A.P. Risk Assessment on Social Practice, and is a voluntary ready-to-use module developed to assess social practices on the farm, addressing specific aspects of workers’ health, safety and welfare.
• It defines the minimum requirements for a good social management
system in primary production.
• It helps producers establish good social practices on their farms.
• It offers buyers added assurance.
• It helps protect one of the farm’s most important resources: its people.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Flower XL ‘s operations are geared towards making the business socially responsible and environmentally friendly.
- Flower XL always strives to adopt a responsible attitude towards its staff when it comes to health, safety, welfare, training and compliance with the applicable collective labour agreement.
- FLOWER XL also strives to minimise the adverse effects its business activities have on the environment to conserve nature and to improve biodiversity. The environmental plan drawn up by Flower XL encompasses environmental objective relating to nature conservation, waste materials and energy.
One of Flower XL’s objectives is to use green, sustainable geothermal energy (heat energy generated and stored in the earth) in the near future by participating in Aardwarmtenet Noordland Kapittelland, a local geothermal heat network. (see: www.pnawestland.nl)
We provide tours of our company to others in our sector, schools and any other interested parties. We make our products available to organisations such as “Varend Corso” (a floating pageant featuring boats decorated with horticultural products), “Kom in de Kas” (annual horticultural open days) and a number of other national and local good causes, including www.myosotiswestland.nl. Flower XL also supports the Dutch Cystic Fibrosis Foundation .https://www.ncfs.nl/